Fear Not: Lesson #1

>> Monday, August 13, 2018

grands
first day of school 2018



"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7)



Fear grips me tightest when it comes to my kids and grands. A thought slithers into my mind, "What if..."

At prayer service this morning, I asked Jesus to teach me to fear not, and the Master quickly offered lesson #1: 

Recognize that every fear-filled "what if" is a lie of the devil, for he is the father of lies (John 8:44). Therefore, fix your thoughts on what is TRUE (Philippians 4:8).

Does fear have you in its grips, beloved? Defend yourself with the truth of God's word and shut the mouth of the lying lion (1 Peter 5:8).

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP