Outside the Bubble

>> Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Irish step dancing at the Farmer's Market
(grandgirl is the pretty young lady, left side)



"The the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you...For I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.'" (Matthew 25:34-35)


Guest writer: Rebecca Jill (my daughter)

On Saturday, my daughter was Irish step dancing at our local farmer's market. A stranger approached me. He noticed my t-shirt with a Bible verse on the back and asked, "Are you religious?"

I replied, "I'm a Christian."

He stuck out his hand and said, "I'm a Muslim."

We shook hands and continued conversing without even exchanging names. I learned a little more about his story and shared about opportunities that I thought may interest him since he wanted to improve his English.

It was a small moment in my day, but I'm still thinking about it three days later. I only have to drive a few miles down the road to pop the bubble I live in. It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of my schedule and my family's hectic, hamster-wheel life. However, by the grace of God, He orchestrates moments like these to remind me about the world outside my tiny bubble and the people He loves so much.


“I’ve spent my whole life avoiding the people Jesus spent His whole life engaging...”
― Bob GoffEverybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP