Indispensable

>> Wednesday, January 16, 2019

new brace




"Just as the body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ... those parts of the body that seem to be weak are indispensable... now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is [an indispensable] part of it." (1 Corinthians 12:12,22, 27)


O happy day! I graduated from a full-arm cast to a below-the-elbow brace today. All my hopes of getting back to a more normal routine, however, fizzled because my left "opposable" thumb is now completely immobilized.

According to the National Science Teachers Association, our shortest, thickest digit on the human hand is called opposable because the thumb can be moved around to touch the other fingers, which gives people the ability to grasp [and hold and pull and zip and snap and type etc., etc., etc.] Even though I'm right-handed, I never realized how much I use and need my left thumb.

In his letter to the Corinthian, Paul compared believers, the body of Christ, to the human body - made of many, many parts and each part holding an indispensable roll.

Beloved, today may you understand how much you are used and needed in the body of Christ! You, my friend, are indispensable!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP