V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

>> Friday, January 18, 2019

grands
2010ish



"but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" (1 Corinthians 15:57)



Everybody loves to be on the winning team. Like the 2013 Iron Bowl with two seconds on the clock when Auburn's Chris Davis ran a 100 yard missed field goal touchdown return beating Alabama 34-28. War Eagle!!! (Sorry, Mary.)

Beloved, if you love Jesus, you're on the winning team every single day!

Jesus gives us victory over sin: "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross." (1 Peter 2:24a) "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us." (Psalm 103:12)

Jesus gives us victory over sickness: "Bless the Lord, O my soul... who heals all your diseases." (Psalm 103:3) "... for by His wounds you were healed." (1 Peter 2:24b) [Often He heals on earth; always He heals in heaven.]

Jesus gives us victory over the enemy. "the Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8b) "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet." (Romans 16:20)

Jesus gives us victory over death: "...through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery..." (Hebrews 2 :14-15) "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your sting?... thanks be to God who gives us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ!" (1 Corinthians 15:54-57)

Thank God today, beloved, for VICTORY in Jesus!

I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me.
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood atoning
Then I repented of my sin
And won the VICTORY!

Oh VICTORY in Jesus, my Savior forever
He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood
He loved me 'ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him
He plunged me to VICTORY beneath the cleansing flood!1


1 VICTORY IN JESUS. Words and tune HARTFORD, E. M. Barlett, 1939.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP