What HE Has Done

>> Thursday, January 10, 2019

Jesus, Phillip, and me
1977

"I will live to tell what the LORD has done." (Psalm 118:17)

Lord Jesus, in the beginning was the Word, and You are the Word. You spoke the heavens into existence and put the stars in the sky. You created the heavens and the earth. Every created thing is the work of Your hands, every creature land, sky, and sea.

You formed man in Your own image and gave him breath and life. From man, You fashioned woman, and together, they are like You.

You made fatherless Abraham the father of nations, and chose a people for Your own. You freed them from slavery in Egypt. You split the Red Sea, and they walked on dry land. You fed them in the desert and brought them into Your Promise Land.

After 400 years of silence, You humbled Yourself, emptied Yourself of Godhead, and came to earth as a babe and slave. On earth as a man, You lived a sinless life. You healed the sick, opened blind eyes, made the lame dance, and forgave sins. You unstopped deaf ears and fed a multitude with two small fish and five loaves. 

You willingly went to the cross in my place and took my punishment and the penalty for my sins. You lived, You died, and three days later, You arose! Alive again forever!

You appeared to over 500 people across forty days. You ascended into heaven, sat down at the right hand of power beside the Father. You sent Your Holy Spirit to indwell Your people and empower them to go and tell the Good News of salvation through faith in You! 

You formed me in my mother's womb and gave me breath and life. You chased after me with Your goodness and mercy. And in a movie theater when I was a fifth grader, You saved me. You gave me faith to believe. You convicted me of my sins and forgave me and cleansed me by Your shed blood.

You protected me and loved me as a rebellious, sinful teenager. You ordered my steps into the arms of Phillip Glassco. You blessed our marriage and gave us three beautiful children.

You stopped us in our tracks in Bogalusa, La and put us on Your chosen path back to Alabama and RMS. You restored lost fortunes. You protected and redeemed our rebellious teenagers - lifted them from the pit and set them on the Rock, Jesus Christ. You blessed them with Your chosen mates and seven beautiful children. 

You called me to teach Your Word and write Your stories. Every day You are with me. You empower me to do the work You set before me for Your glory. 

Lord Jesus, You have done so many more things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written. 

O come let us adore Thee, Jesus Christ our Lord!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP