A Story of Forgiveness

>> Monday, November 18, 2019

my friend and sister in Christ, Felicia


"And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us." Jesus said, "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins." (Matthew 6:12,14-15)


Today, Felicia's son, Sanquez, would have turned twenty-one years old. Tragically, last spring, he was shot and killed. 

Over the past six months, I've watched Felicia intentionally and diligently work toward forgiving her son's killer. And by God's grace, mercy, and power, she recently told me that she has forgiven him.

Why? Because Felicia loves Jesus, and Jesus said, "If you love Me, obey My commandments. And this is My commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you and forgive each other in the same way I have forgiven you."

Felicia, you are a remarkable young woman—an overcomer and an inspiration to everyone around you. May the Lord bless and keep you and your children. May He provide for your every need and empower you to accomplish every good work He sets before you. May God help you bring up Jabary and Jakiyah in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. May they honor and obey you as teenagers. May they grow to be a mighty man and woman of God that love the Lord, obey His voice, and hold fast to Him all the days of their lives. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP