Snatch

>> Friday, November 8, 2019

drawing by my talented grandgirl


Jesus said, "No one can snatch them away from Me." (John 10:28 GNT)


One summer evening at dusk when I was a little girl, I was playing at the neighbors' house and a dog howled in the distance.

Freddy said, "Oo, maybe it's the wendigo." I started crying and his mama made him walk me home.

"The Wendigo" was a scary television tale back in the 60s about hunters in the Canadian northwest on search for a creepy beast that snatched up people and carried them off.

Snatch. I like that word, too (see yesterday's post), and I like the "snatch" story in the Gospel of John chapter ten.

We learn at the end of chapter nine that some Pharisees standing near Jesus asked Him, "Are you saying we're blind?"

In chapter ten, Jesus answered them in His roundabout way. "I tell you the truth. I am the Good Shepherd; I know My own sheep, and they know Me. But you don't believe Me because You are not My sheep. My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from Me, for My Father has given them to Me, and He is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand."

Thank You, Father, for Your blessed assurance that we have eternal life in Christ Jesus and no one can snatch us from Your all-powerful hand!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP