Immediately

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2020

grandboy-Tonka race



The centurion replied, "For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. For I tell one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." (Matthew 8:9)


God's instructions and God's timing are both critical. A story worth repeating:

Years ago on a bitterly cold morning, our doorbell rang. I opened the door to an elderly gentleman who said, "How do, ma'am. Do you need your yard brushed today?"

"Uh, no thank you," I replied and closed the door.

Wait a minute, I thought. Anyone looking for work in five-degree weather must need help.

When I opened the door again, the man had vanished. I ran up and down Robin Hood Lane but never found him. He was gone and so was the opportunity to help another.

Beloved, when God says, 'Go,' let us go. When He says, 'Come,' let us come. When God says to His servant, 'Do this,' let us do it immediately!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP