Straight Paths for Your Feet

>> Friday, July 24, 2020

grandboys 



"No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it's painful. But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong." (Hebrews 12:13)


Last night, the Holy Spirit got my attention and sent me to Hebrews 12:11-13. 

"Holy Spirit, please teach me what You mean," I prayed and went to sleep.

This morning, I sought wise counsel, "What does God mean when He says to make straight paths for our feet?"

My superman: "The narrow way described in Matthew 7:13-14."

My Rebecca: "The Highway of Holiness described in Isaiah 35:8."


Matthew Henry commentary (paraphrase): "Straight paths are walked in courage and acts of faith, so to help another forward on the way to heaven. Affliction by God's design works in me a greater degree of holiness. With renewed strength and patience, I follow peace with all men and holiness."

My friend Cuba (paraphrase): "Hebrews 11 records the faithful struggles of those who came before me and how God worked in every situation. In Chapter 12, I read of God's loving discipline. As His child, I grow stronger in His love. I'm called to strengthen myself in God, get to work, and walk the straight path laid out for me and help others along the way or even point them down the straight path."

Today, beloved, as you walk the narrow highway to heaven, encourage and strengthen a tired one along the way.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP