Selah

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2020

upper DeSoto Falls
Lookout Mountain, Mentone, Alabama



"I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide and I will fill it." (Psalm 81:10)


Psalm 81, a festival song written by Asaph [a skilled poet and musician and one of the Levites assigned by King David as worship leader in the tabernacle choir (1 Chronicles 16:5)], tells God's story of His delivering Israel from Egypt yet their refusal to listen to and obey their God:

"I relieved his shoulder of the burden,
His hands were freed from the basket.
'You called in trouble and I rescued you;
I answered you in the hiding place of thunder;
I proved you at the waters of Meribah.' Selah.

'Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!
Let there be no strange god among you;
Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
I, the LORD, am your God,
Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.'

'But My people did not listen to My voice,
And Israel did not obey Me.
So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart,
To walk in their own devices.
Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!'"


When we're waiting on God to answer our prayers, beloved, perhaps our good and generous God is actually waiting on us to listen and obey. Selah.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP