The Adventures of Mrs. Vibrant

>> Monday, September 14, 2020

,
our Rebecca at school


"He leads me beside quiet waters...He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." (Psalm 23:2-3)




Our Rebecca (a.k.a. Mrs. Figert) is the STEAM teacher (a unique class for K-6th graders using science, technology, engineering, art, and math) at a small Christian school in Indiana.


Her kindergarteners have a terrible time pronouncing her name. Most of them call her Mrs. Figerts. One calls her Mrs. Tiger, another Mrs. Fire, but her favorite of all misnames is Mrs. Vibrant. LOL!!!

Last week when Mrs. "Vibrant" had playground duty for the kindergartners, one little fellow ran up to her yelling, "Mrs. Figerts, Mrs. Figerts, they're leaving!" 

She looked in the direction he was pointing and spotted two little munchkins escaping through the back gate. 

Mrs. "Vibrant" leapt to her feet and sprinted toward the escapees, hollering, "Stop! Stop!"

After the dust settled, she commanded, "You two stay with me." 

A pouty, little voice whined, "Why do we have to stay with you?"

Quick-thinking Mrs. "Vibrant" replied, "Do you know why they pay me?"

Two little heads wagged no.

"They pay me to keep you safe!" Mrs. Vibrant said. "And how can I keep you safe if I don't know where you are? I care about you, and I want you to be safe. So, don't ever, ever, ever leave this playground again without a teacher."


Beloved, how can Jesus keep you safe if you refuse to the follow the Shepherd? Listen to His voice and follow Jesus wherever He goes.

"Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19)





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP