99

>> Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 





Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?" (Luke 15:3-4)


Ninety-nine years ago today, my father was born in Navoo, Alabama. My mother snapped this old photo of Daddy, my brothers, and me at DeSoto State Park in 1959.  I remember him holding my hand one time and saying, "Your Mama had pretty hands like this until you kids worked 'em to the bone." I liked Daddy holding my hand and calling it pretty. 

Ninety-nine sheep were left in an open field in the Gospel of Luke.  In Jesus' parable of the lost sheep, a shepherd had a hundred lambs, but one lamb wandered away and was lost. So the shepherd left the ninety-nine lambs out in the open field and searched the wilderness for the one lost lamb. He didn't stop until he finally found it. With exuberant joy, he raised it up and placed it on his shoulders, carrying it back with cheerful delight!

Beloved, has the Heavenly Father found you?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP