By Design

>> Thursday, December 3, 2020

 



"Study the design you were given . . . and make everything accordingly." (Exodus 25:40)




Our son, Ben, a very talented graphic designer, designs my book covers. Weeks ago, he said, "Mama, I want you to draw the cover art for The Window at Willow Springs.



I answered emphatically, "No, I don't want to," and made a trip to Fort Payne, crawled over a barbed-wire fence, and a snapped a photo of the old Willow Springs manor.






"How about this, Ben? I love it!"



"Nope. Wrong angle."



Next, I contacted a talented artist in Clear Creek, Indiana who expressed an interest in the project, but his fee exceeded my budget.



Yesterday, I woke up at 4:30 A.M. to a Holy whisper, "Jill, at least try drawing the cover art like Ben said. I'll help you."



"Yes, Sir."



And so the work begins.



And the point of the post is? Listen to the Master Designer, beloved, and follow His good plans.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP