Holly, Jolly Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2020

 


grandboy's imitation of the Grinch




"Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared . . . he said, 'I bring you Good News that will bring great JOY . . . the Messiah, the Lord, has been born today.'" (Luke 2: 9-11)



For her eighth build-a-story project, Rebecca put a Christmas twist in the rules: each entry must include a Christmas song title or lyric.


[A] “But, Baby, it’s cold outside,” said my mom, in the new old fashion way.


"O holy night, Mom! The weather is completely fine,” I told her.



[R] “But the weather outside is frightful, baby. I don’t think we’re going to be able to go caroling this year,” Mom said apologetically. 


“But it’s tradition!” I protested.



[J]“It’s just too dangerous, sugar plum.  When I was a little girl, my grandmother and I went Christmas caroling in bad weather like this, and ya know what happened to her?”


“What?”


“Grandma got run over by a reindeer!”



HO! HO! HO! beloved. Have a holly, jolly Christmas filled with JOY! The Savior has been born! He lived. He died in our place! He arose! and He's coming back one day!




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP