Unplugged

>> Tuesday, December 1, 2020

babygrand
(Picture has nothing to do with post, but isn't he cute!)



". . . If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5b)


A couple of hours before my two, online Bible studies on John 15 this morning, the power went out. Nothing I needed worked—not the computer, the internet service, a light switch or even the heater (and it was below freezing outside). However, the situation served as a perfect study illustration: a life unplugged from All-powerful Jesus can do absolutely nothing!

Stay plugged in, beloved, to Jesus Christ, His word, and His love!

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser . . . Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself but must remain in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing . . . My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples." (John 15:1-8) 

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control . . . " (Galatians 5:22-23)

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that you fruit would remain . . . " (John 15:1-16)

 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP