Confession. It's Good for the Soul

>> Wednesday, September 22, 2021

me at three 
Christmas 1959




"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." (James 5:16)



An old adage goes: confession is good for the soul. True, but it's also embarrassing. Confession: When I allowed my feelings to get hurt this week, I acted like a three-year-old —hollered, burst into tears, ran, and hid. Sigh.

And the morale of this story is?
1. In the flesh, I'm capable of any wrong.
2. Without Jesus, I can do no right.
3. With Jesus at the wheel, I can do right no matter what another person says or does.

Today, beloved, may the Holy Spirit fill us to overflowing and produce an abundant crop of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithful, humility, and SELF-CONTROL. Amen?
 


 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP