Refiner's Fire

>> Thursday, September 30, 2021

Indiana grands



"He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness." (Malachi 3:3)


For a month now, one of our kids' family has had one adversity after another. I'm thinking enemy attack — pleading the blood of Jesus over them and praying Psalm 91.

This morning, I was reminded of Job's story. Every calamity the devil threw at him came only by permission of Almighty God, the Refine and Perfecter of souls.


Zechariah 13:9 says: "I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God." 


Therefore, "consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything . . . Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him." (James 1:2,3,12)

Up to you neck in trials, beloved? Be encouraged. For "I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finished [when you shine like gold] on the day when Christ Jesus returns!" (Philippians 1:6)
 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP