Daddy!!!

>> Friday, October 19, 2012


     
           In my childhood, our home perched on a bluff atop Lookout Mountain and overlooked the lovely town of Fort Payne, Alabama. Around three or four years of age, I received a much-deserved scolding from my mother. Afterward, I ran outside as fast as my little legs would scoot to the bluff behind our house. Looking into the valley below, where my father worked, I cried, “Daaaddyyyy!”
            Romans 8:15-16 NASB confirms, “…you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba, Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.”
            O children of God, I urge you to find your bluff and cry out to your Heavenly Father! “Then you will call upon Me, and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.” (Jeremiah 29:12 NASB)

            “A well-worn path behind their house led us through the woods…I followed the children and Gladys farther up the path until we reached a rock bluff overlooking the tiny mining town of Whitwell. Layers of mountain peaks edged the landscape, and the crimson sun meeting the horizon forged a gilded frame for deep purple clouds. Twinkling lights peeped through the windows of the homes below as moonlight replaced the light of day. The view was both breathtaking and comforting.”1

1   Jill Watson Glassco. The Schoolhouse (Peoria, AR: LifeHouse Publishing, 2012), 15.
                       (The Schoolhouse is available online at Amazon.com)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP