Glass Masterpiece

>> Sunday, October 21, 2012


“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20 NASB)

As a child, the tall, stained glass window behind the right end of the altar at the First United Methodist Church in Ft. Payne, Alabama captivated me because, regardless of where I sat in that chapel, Jesus’s searching eyes always seemed to look deeply into mine. Sunlight emblazed the ruby-glass robe shrouding the Lord Jesus, as He stood, with staff in hand, knocking on the heavy, closed door. When I studied the detailed image of Christ’s face, I felt swaddled in the Savior’s peace.
“Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry and he who believes on and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more – at any time” (John 6:35 AMP).
Today, I “will offer the sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord” (Psalm 27:6 NKJ). Will you?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP