God's Schoolhouse

>> Wednesday, October 24, 2012


     

          I often ask my friends,
 “What’s 
          God
              teaching 
                       you
              these 
     days?” 
          Every triumph we experience, as well as, every heartache, can be a schoolhouse – a place to learn, change, and grow.

            “Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left” (Isaiah 30:20-21 NASB).
            In delays, God offers a lesson on waiting on Him. In disappointments, God offers a lesson in trusting Him. In achievement, God offers a lesson in humility. In pain, God offers a lesson on eternal perspectives.
            What's your schoolhouse today? Don’t be late for class, and pay close attention to your Teacher!
            “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

            I am certain that I learned more lessons during these months than my students. My eyes beheld my Teacher and my ears heard His voice behind me say, “This is the way, walk in it.” God taught me that He truly is sufficient for all circumstances and trained me to face my fears with courage and fortitude.1

1 Jill Watson Glassco. The Schoolhouse (Peoria, AR: LifeHouse Publishing, 2012), 43.
(The Schoolhouse is available online at Amazon.com)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP