Elsie's Prayer

>> Wednesday, October 17, 2012

   

          God is faithful. Whatever assignment He calls you to, He will help you complete it. Over the past year, God faithfully enabled me to write and publish a storybook. Almost one hundred autumns ago, He faithfully enabled a young schoolteacher named Elsie to finish her term at The Schoolhouse:

After supper, I walked up the path to my favorite spot on Whitwell Mountain – the bluff. The events of the day seemed surreal against the quiet, magnificent beauty that encompassed me. The mountainsides blazed with color. A cool breeze rattled clusters of leaves dangling from the tree branches, and slender columns of smoke rose lazily from chimneys in the valley below the rocky precipice. Earthy scents from the mossy ground and dry foliage mingled with the smell of smoldering firewood.
 “Father God, I desperately need You to grow my faith and help me to trust You – no matter what troubles I face. Lord, You are my refuge and strength. There is none like You, who rides the heavens to my help; the eternal God who shelters me in everlasting arms. You gave me a job to do, and by Your power, I’ll finish it! Let me who loves You be like the rising of the sun in its might and help my soul to march on with strength!” 1
Precious child of the Majestic Glory, rise up and go after the King’s dreams! "Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass!" (1 Thessalonians 5:24)

1   Jill Watson Glassco. The Schoolhouse (Peoria, AR: LifeHouse Publishing, 2012), 33.
                        (The Schoolhouse is available online at Amazon.com)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP