Expecting!

>> Wednesday, April 24, 2013


My beautiful daughter, the day before delivery, 2007

“The eyes of all look expectantly to You…” (Psalm 145:15 NKJV)


            I’m expecting!  (If my husband reads this, he’ll probably faint!) NO, I’m not expecting a baby (been there, done that - three times). However,  I am eagerly anticipating, waiting for, and confidently expecting the fulfillment of promises from God!
You may be thinking, how does she know she really heard God?  Well, first of all, Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice (John 10:27), and I think we'd all agree that when a sheep spends lots of time with her Shepherd, she learns to recognize His voice. Agreed?
Secondly, there's powerful Biblical evidence that God is a Promise-Keeper! In Gen. 12:7, God promised Abraham a land for his descendants. Almost 700 years later, God gave Israel (the descendants of Abraham) all the land, which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed that Promised Land and lived in it. Not one of the good promises, which the Lord had made to the house of Israel, failed; all came to pass (Joshua 21:43,45). I rest my case.
Therefore, I'm assured and certain beyond a shadow of doubt that the promises I’m hoping for from God will actually happen, even though I can’t see them...yet (Heb. 11:1). Today, I choose to hold fast the confession of my hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful (Heb. 10:23)!
Are you expecting? Call to Jesus and He will answer you and tell you great and mighty things you do not know (Jer. 33:3)! Then, wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord (Psalm 27:14); because faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass (1 Thess. 5:24).

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP