Orphan Annie

>> Monday, April 22, 2013

"Orphan Annie" in the distance.
“I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me. Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, ‘You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.’”  (Psalm 142:4-5 NLT)


            She spotted me, cowered, turned, and then distanced herself from humanity. I named this stray, redbone hound Orphan Annie. Her hollow eyes, protruding rib cage, and missing tail exemplify a life that has been left to itself.
            As sheep under the watchful care of their shepherd, God designed man to need Him. Apart from Jesus, the Great Shepherd, our spirit is emaciated, and we become miserable creatures, wretched and disheartened, bedraggled and woebegone.
            Therefore…
            “Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord (return to Him) and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.” (Prov. 3:7-8)
            “Apart from (Jesus) you can do nothing.” (John 15:5b)
            “I can to everything through Christ, who gives me strength!” (Phil. 4:13)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP