HOPE for the Holidays - Day 11

>> Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Phillip and me, 1993






"Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who HOPE in His mercy" (Psalm 33:18)


        

      

My Phillip, Rebecca, Dan, and Ben, 1993



Anybody out there worried today? If so, this story is for YOU!

Story of HOPE:

         On Day 5 in this HOPE for the Holidays series, I mentioned that we once lost a business in Louisiana, which resulted in a move to Arkansas in the early 1990s. There, God graciously gave Phillip new work and our family a new beginning. However, we still owed taxes from the failed business - a debt that I worried, and worried, and worried, and prayed, and prayed, and prayed about.  
                Well, it "just so happened" that one of our new friends in our new hometown "coincidentally" happened to be a tax attorney. He told us about a new tax law: if you pay in full the owed taxes, then all late fees and penalties are waived. THEN, he went on to say, "And I'm going personally loan you, interest free, the money to pay those taxes, and you can repay me as you can."
             All along, God had a solution to the matter that I had worried myself sick over. What a waste of time and brain power!          
              And the rest of story: Phillip received an "unexpected" bonus and was able to repay Lee in full in less than a year! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

O Father, I pray for every reader today who is sick with worry! Please help them exchange their worry with prayer - letting their request be made known unto You with thanksgiving (Phil. 4:6). Lord, please help them HOPE in You as You show Yourself strong on their behalf and work out good solutions for them in Jesus' name!

Jesus said, "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP