HOPE for the Holidays - Day 9

>> Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Ben and his bride, Gabbi
Tegucigalpa, Honduras, 2008




"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always HOPEFUL, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Cor. 13:7)




Story of HOPE:

      In high school, my Ben was an excellent soccer player and kicker for our football team. After his sophomore year of college, he told his dad, "I can still kick a ball. I think I'll try out for a college football team." And by George, that young whipper-snapper did it! Ben landed an athletic scholarship at Tusculum College in the picturesque mountains of Tennessee.
       Tusculum required every first semester athlete to attend study hall where students on scholastic scholarship served as tutors. When Ben walked in that classroom, he spotted Gabriella, a beautiful Latin American tutor from Honduras, and said, "I want THAT tutor!" And by George, that young whipper-snapper got her! Four years later, Gabriella became Mrs. Benjamin Phillip Glassco.

O Abba Father, I pray that my readers will HOPE and delight in You, and You will give them the desires of their hearts!

"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you!" (Psalm 37:4)

     

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP