HOPE for the Holidays - Day 13

>> Monday, December 9, 2013

My grandkids enjoying the first big snow of this winter



"The rain and snow come down from the heavens 
and stay on the ground to water the earth. 
They cause the grain to grow, producing 
seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.
It is the same with My WORD. 
I send it out, and it always produces fruit. 
It will accomplish all I want it to, 
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
You will live in joy and peace. 
The mountains and hills will burst into song, 
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. 
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. 
These events will bring great honor to the Lord's name; 
they will be an everlasting sign of His power and love!" 
(Isa. 55:10-13)


"You are my refuge and my shield; 
Your WORD is my source of HOPE!" (Psalm 119:14)
Story of HOPE:

        In the darkness, I slipped from beneath the covers, picked up my Bible, and headed to the living room couch. Curling up like a kitten, I opened the Bible to visit with Jesus through the pages of His Holy Word.  A few minutes later, here came my Phillip, rushing down the hallway and saying, "Succoth! Jill, what does Succoth mean?"
        "Succoth?" I replied. "I have no idea. I don't even think that's a word."
        He urged, "Well, look it up! I just heard God say it!" 

"Jacob, on the other hand, traveled to Succoth. There he built himself a house and made shelters for his livestock. That is why the place was named Succoth (which means "shelters"). (Gen. 33:17)

         In the three years that followed, the "Succoth Ministry" in Pine Bluff, Arkansas provided transitional housing - "shelters" if you will - for homeless men, women, and children. When Phillip's company transferred our family back to Louisiana, that season of service ended as quickly as it had begun.

O heavenly Father, I pray that my readers will stay attuned to Your great voice and ready to serve others in Jesus' name whenever You call.

"Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning...You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected." (Luke 12:35,40)


          



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP