"Sing to Me," says the Lord.

>> Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Rebecca and my daddy - "Pawpaw", 1982
"... Sing songs from your heart to Christ. Sing praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ." (Eph. 5:19-20, The Message)

        When we visited my sweet daddy across his last weeks on this old earth, he'd say, "Rebecca, sing me a song," and my Rebecca would sing and sing and sing, much to her grandfather's delight.


         In Ephesians chapter five, the heavenly Father beckons His children to sing Him a song of thanksgiving and praise. O children of God, delight Your Father - sing to the Lord today! It's good for the heart - His and yours.


"I heard a company of angels around the Throne, the animals, the elders - ten thousand times ten thousand their number, thousand after thousand in full song: The slain Lamb is worthy! Take the power, the wealth, the wisdom, the strength! Take the honor, glory, the blessing [O Lord]!" (Rev. 5:11-12, The Message)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP