Crazy-desperate for Him

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"Mrs. Willowkins" from Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer
Illustration by my friend and talented artist, Dawn Copeland




Jesus said, "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5 NLT)




              I believe that every now and again, the Lord pulls His hand back just far enough to remind me of what I'm really like without Him: selfish, prideful, judgmental, fretful, i.e. sinful. That stark awareness makes me crazy-desperate for Him! 

             In the Old Testament, Israel, God's chosen people, confessed, "You disciplined me, and I have been disciplined like an untrained calf. Restore me, and I will return, for You, Lord, are my God." (Jer. 31:18 HCSB) 


Beloved, are you feeling like an untrained calf? May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God the Father, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit hold you ever so close today!









    






0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP