Quiet Place

>> Friday, February 20, 2015

Our quiet place
Sanibel Island, Florida




"Then He said, 'Let's go off by ourselves to 

quiet place and rest awhile.'" 
(Mark 6:31 NLT)



Cordage of the cares of life twine
Round about this heart of mine
And creep into my thoughts at night
Invade my soul and choke it tight

Then one day my toes touched sand
Along the shore beside my man
And rode a bike built just for two
Then watched the sun drop out of view

In one short while I was astounded
My vines of woe could not be "founded"
Somehow they slipped away from me
And silently drifted out to sea

Ahhhhhh...

How grand 'twould be to go about
With no fears, no woes, no doubt
With heart at peace and mind at rest
My disposition at its best

Then these words I did recall
An invitation for one, for all -

"Give Me your cares," my Jesus said,
"Lie down in peace upon your bed.
For I am greater than the sea.
Let go, let woes drift up to Me!"1



1 OUT TO SEA. Copyright 2010 by Jill Glassco

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP