Labor Again

>> Thursday, July 16, 2015

Our Dan, Mandy, and baby-on-the-way



"Oh, my dear children! I feel as if I'm going through labor pains for you again, and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in your lives!" (Gal. 4:19 NLT)




The birth of our third and last child played out like a sitcom. 

Setting: small town hospital in the mid 80s with one birthing room.

Characters: one doctor and two ladies in labor


Since it was first come first serve, lady #1 got first dibs on the delivery room, while lady #2 (me) waited elsewhere. Baby #1 was in no hurry to make his debut, but baby #2 (our Dan) was bound and determined to win the race. (He's ALWAYS been competitive.)

When my Phillip finally convinced a nurse to come check out the competition, she agreed that baby #2 was headed full steam ahead for the finish line. So lady #1 was removed from the delivery room, and lady #2 was rolled in. 

While the doctor pulled on rubber gloves, he ordered, "Somebody put the delivery table together." 

Phillip said, "I can do that!"

Then, the doctor barked, "Somebody get lady #2 on the table."

I said, "I can do that!"

As soon as I hit the table, Phillip saw Dan crossing the finish line and yelled, "Catch him, doc! Catch him!"

After the race quickly ended, the doctor turned to the nurse and asked, "What did you give her for pain?"

The nurse answered sheepishly, "Was I supposed to give her something for pain?"


Ladies, you physically labored and labored to bring those children into the world; so, before God's throne of grace, never stop laboring spiritually in prayer until Jesus Christ is fully developed in their lives! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP