A Monkey On Your Back

>> Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My Phillip (front) and my crazy brother, Mark
1972




"...Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the Source and Perfecter of our faith..." (Hey. 12:1-2 HCSB)


Since 2014, I must constantly beware of the what-if fear of cancer returning. When that creepy, sneaky monkey tries to crawl on my back, my best defense is the trustworthy Sword of God - His Word, the Holy Bible.

"Having a monkey on your back," I'm told, is an old Hindu expression meaning that you're carrying a burden or a problem that you find difficult to get rid of.

Beloved, got a monkey on your back? Knock that burden off with the Word of God, set your eyes on Jesus, and run with endurance the race of life set before you!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP