Christmas Eve Gift

>> Thursday, December 24, 2015

My granddaddy, brother, and me
Christmas 1958




"Then they opened their treasure chests and gave Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh." (Matt. 2:11 NLT)




My granddaddy passed down a Christmas Eve tradition. Whoever says Christmas Eve gift first, receives a present from the other person. At 6:30 this morning, I shouted "Christmas Eve gift!" to my superman and then texted it to my kids, brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces, and nephews. Gotcha!



For many years, Phillip and I have kept another Christmas tradition: Jesus receives our most expensive gift of the season. After all, Christmas is His birthday. We give His gift through our church's local and global missions offering to help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ with neighbors and nations around the world.


Beloved, what gift will you give King Jesus this year?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP