Home for Christmas

>> Friday, December 18, 2015

My mother modeling silk, Japanese pajamas
Christmas 1945







"May my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I fail to remember you, if I don't make Jerusalem my greatest joy." (Psalm 137:6)



In Psalm 137, the Jewish captives wept along the riverbanks of Babylon, hung their harps on willow branches, and refused to sing because their broken hearts longed for home - Jerusalem.


World War II ended May 8, 1945, and Daddy spent that December in Japan with the U.S. occupation troops. For Christmas, he mailed Mother beautiful, Japanese pajamas. Fifty years later, she still cried every time she heard the Bing Crosby song...


I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve'll find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.



Beloved, pray for folks around the world who this year will come home for Christmas only in their dreams; and if you're home, tell the Lord Jesus, "Thank You!"


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP