So That's What I'll Do

>> Monday, July 25, 2016

My girl's kids and my grands




"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:13)



Teaching reading, writing, and 'rithmetic isn't my girl's favorite cup of tea, but for the past four years, she's homeschooled her three children. 

"I know it's good for my kids," she says, "so that's what I'll do." 


On the night before His crucifixion, Jesus bowed His face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not Mine" (Matt. 26:39). (In other words, "Father, it's good for the children, so that's what I'll do.")

Lay down self for the sake of others, beloved. It's the Christlike thing to do.




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP