Released

>> Monday, August 15, 2016

Our grandgirl





"...To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood." (Rev. 1:5)



We spent Friday night at the river cabin and woke to a beautiful, summer-Saturday morning. I'd just finished a delicious bowl of shredded wheat, fresh fruit, and nuts when I remembered my commitment: fast breakfast during 21 Days of Prayer.

I'd sinned. 

Unintentionally. 

Absentmindedly. 

But all the same, sin against God.

Ecclesiastes 5:4-5 reads: "When you make a vow to God, do not be late in paying it...It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay."

I couldn't right my wrong, but I belong to the One who can.

"In Jesus we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us." (Eph. 1:7-8)

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

I did, and He did.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me bless His holy name...He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. (Ps. 103:1,10-12)

Got sin, beloved? Confess. Jesus loves you and released you from your sins by His blood.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP