Forgotten Treasure

>> Thursday, March 2, 2017

L-R my Ben, me, my Dan, my grandmother, my niece, my Rebecca
1986





"I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and our mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you." (2 Tim. 1:5)




When I asked the kids and grands their recommendation for good book to read, our Rebecca reminded me that we had an old copy of Strawberry Girl - a 1945 Newbery Award Novel by Lois Lenski.


After digging through the playroom bookcase, I finally found it!


And when I opened the yellowed pages, I discovered a forgotten treasure - a note from my grandmother!




I'd forgotten that Strawberry Girl was a 1969 Christmas gift to me from my Grandmother Nance - a schoolteacher to third and fourth graders simultaneously at Fischer Elementary School on Lookout Mountain in DeKalb County, Alabama.


Grandmother, 1945


In his epistle to Timothy, the Apostle Paul reminded the young pastor of the strong faith in Christ handed down from his grandmother to his mother to him. 

Let your treasured faith in Jesus Christ never be forgotten, beloved. Pass it on to your children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren to come. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP