Have I Missed Anything

>> Friday, June 9, 2017

Our grandboy #2 (green shorts)
VBX a.k.a. Vacation Bible School


"Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain..." (Psalm 127:1)


This morning, I wrote:

"Lord, five years ago, You told me to write Grandmama's story as a children's book, spend time with you everyday, and do whatever You told me to do. You guided me to Deep Sea Publishing and instructed me to cast storybooks on the right side, feeding little lambs and bigger sheep. So, we've written six books; five are published and one will come out this fall. I've read to old and young, tall and small. Given books to students, nursing home residents, and even strangers. Sent chapter by chapter to prisons and to a shut-in. But, Lord, have I missed anything?

I then opened the Church of the Highlands app, clicked One Year Bible, and read today's devotion by Larry Stockstill:

"Solomon had a vision to build the most magnificent temple in history, and his success resulted from the blessing of the Lord. First, the Lord gave Solomon wisdom to achieve His purpose (1 Kings 5:12)

Second, Solomon achieved success because he followed the plan of the Lord (1 Kings 6:12).

Finally, Solomon succeeded because he persevered (1 Kings 6:38).

Though it may seem your work is moving at a crawl, keep doing what you know to do. Purpose, plan, and persevere, and the Lord will build your house." 

Yes, Lord. I will. 

Purpose, plan, and persevere, beloved!




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP