Whisker Willowkins

>> Friday, June 30, 2017

L-R me, cousin Vicki, Uncle Frank, and brother Mark (a.k.a. "Whisker Willowkins)
1968ish




"My life is worth nothing unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love." (Acts 20:24)


People have asked where the Willowkins family's name came from in my storybooks.  Truth be told, it came from a bratty little sister (me) calling her big brother Whisker Willowkins when adolescence planted a mustache across his upper lip. (Don't feel too sorry for him. He gave me a taste of my own medicine and called me Whisker Jillowkins.) 

Today, I'm submitting A Willowkins Christmas Story's manuscript and illustrations to Deep Sea Publishing in Herndon, VA. Father God, please use the work of my hands to tell others the Good News of Your wonderful grace, kindness, and love through Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Beloved, have you told God's Good News lately?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP