Learning to Lean

>> Thursday, December 7, 2017

Our Rebecca, 1992ish





"I depend on God alone; I put my hope in Him." (Psalm 62:5)




At Church of the Highlands' first Wednesday service last night, guest speaker, John Maxwell, preached a dynamic, heartfelt sermon about dependence on God and ended the service with Lyn  Alejandrino Hopkins' "Learning to Lean on Jesus." 

The old chorus walked my mind down memory lane to a 1980s young couples Sunday School class where Mr. Earl Moak taught his naive flock the song and the precept: "Learning to Lean on Jesus."

Thank you, Earl Moak, and thank You, Lord Jesus. Thirty some-odd years later, I'm still learning to lean on You.



Sad, broken-hearted, at an altar I knelt
I found peace that was so serene
And all that He asks is a childlike trust
And a heart that is learning to lean

Learning to lean
Learning to lean
I'm learning to lean on Jesus
Finding more power that I've ever dreamed
I'm learning to lean on Jesus

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP