Fellowship Together

>> Friday, December 22, 2017

L-R, my best friend, Mary, brother Mark, and me
Christmas party, 1958






"Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends." (Revelation 3:20)



Across many Fort Payne, Alabama Decembers in the 1950s and 60s, the Igou, Sauls, Chambers, Owen, Hawkins, and Watson families gathered together for fun Christmas parties, which included a shared meal and gift exchange.

In the book of Revelation, Jesus Christ, the Faithful and true Witness, invites His lukewarm Church of Laodicea to come back into sweet fellowship with Him. 

Do you hear Jesus knocking, beloved? Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what He is saying: "Come fellowship with Me."

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP