Courageous in the Lord

>> Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Small group, last night




"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD." (Psalm 27:13-14)


At last night's small group, we studied the story of courageous, young David and his victory over the Philistine giant, Goliath. (This remarkable, yet true, tale is found in 1 Samuel 17:3-51.)

David confidently shouted to his foe, "The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine! You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted!"

Points to Ponder:
  • What made this teenage shepherd so very brave and confident in the Lord his God?
  • Who is the most courageous person you know?
  • What actions make that person courageous in your eyes?
  • What action steps might you take to grow stronger and more courageous in the Lord, our God?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP