Scrambled- Egg Sandwiches

>> Monday, March 12, 2018

Back L to R: Mary and Angela
Front: me at my 11th birthday party,
DeSoto State Park, 1967




"May He remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. Selah." (Psalm 20:3)





I ate a scrambled egg sandwich for lunch today. 

I remember my very first scrambled egg sandwich. 

I remember that Mrs. Igou, my best friend's mother, made it. 

I remember that she put ketchup on it, because Mary liked scrambled egg sandwiches that way.

I remember that Mary and I sat on the marble floor in their sunny playroom while eating our scrambled-egg-with-ketchup sandwiches.  

I remember that Mrs. Igou and my mother were two of the sweetest and kindest women that ever walked the face of God's green earth.

In years to come, when people think about you, beloved, or me, what will they remember?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP