I'm Really Mad This Time

>> Tuesday, March 20, 2018

brother, Mark, and me
1959



"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:8-9)




When I was three, I begged and begged and begged my parents to let me spend the night in the treehouse.



Daddy, our cat, and me
(treehouse in the background)
1961


They finally consented - sort of. After I fell asleep, Daddy carried me down the ladder to my bed. The next morning when I woke up inside instead of outside, Mama and Daddy heard me muttering, "I'm mad this time. I'm really mad this time!"

Not getting what you're begging for, beloved? Trust God. Father knows best.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP