Father Knows Best

>> Friday, March 9, 2018

Granddaddy and grandboy




"This is how the LORD responds...'If you return to Me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve Me. If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.'" (Jeremiah 15:19)


I love, love, love times with the heavenly Father, like today, when He does most of the talking. 

Because it's taking me a bit longer to bounce back from an appendectomy than I had anticipated, I'd fallen into the muck and mire of stinkin' thinking - focusing on the "I can'ts" more than the "I cans."

Through Pastor Larry Stockstill's daily devotional, Father God spoke loud and clear, "Think large: Conquest...good report...well able!"

So, in my journal, I personalized these verses:

Conquest: "In all these things I overwhelmingly conquer through Jesus who loved me." (Romans 8:37)

Good report: "I will be taught of the LORD; and my well-being will be great!" (Isaiah 54:13)

Well able: "Now unto You, O Lord, who is able to do more abundantly beyond all that I can ask or think, according to the power that works in me, to You be the glory in me, in the church, and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

No, this post is NOT a positive-thinking ploy; it's a sincere plea, beloved, for us to focus on the truth of God's word over self-pity and enemy lies.

"Believe God's word and power more than your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows by your sea." ~ Samuel Rutherford


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP