Three Cheers for the Pastor

>> Thursday, September 6, 2018

artwork by Collin Lovely



"Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not sorrow." (Hebrews 13:17)


My young friend, Collin, recently wrote his pastor:


Dear Brother J.C.,

It's me Collin Lovely. In case you don't remember me, my parents are David and Tammy Lovely The Lord has given me the spiritual gift of encouragement, and I love working for the Lord! My mom  told me that pastors have a huge responsibility and a very important job. So, I'm writing you to encourage your heart. Every Sunday, you preach what God's word says about Jesus and you encourage them to grow in their relationship with Him and to love each other. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I pray that you stay strong, courageous, and committed to the Lord. I pray for the joy in your heart as you serve the Lord. I pray that you are altogether fruitful, and that you'll be God's mouthpiece - always speaking the truth. I also want to tell you its truly an honor to be part of this new church, and I thank you for all you do every day to help us be more like Christ. 

Love, your brother in Christ,

Collin
(Philippians 1:6, Proverbs 16:31, Jeremiah 29:11)


Beloved, have you encouraged your pastor recently?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP