Too Small Too Big

>> Thursday, September 13, 2018

small grandboy; big granddaddy


"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)


As I have in past small groups, yesterday, I posed the question: Is it ever right to be mad at God? 

Many say, "Yes! God is big enough to handle it."

Hmmm...yes, God is BIG, but is it ever right to be mad at our perfect, never-wrong God? If I'm mad at Him, doesn't that make my God too small and me too big? If I'm mad at God, aren't my eyes set on the temporal and not the eternal?

What does God say?

Jesus said, "I have told you this so that you may have peace in Me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33)

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix out gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

Therefore, beloved, if we're ever tempted to be mad at God, let us remember all that He has done for us:

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before He made the world, God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure. 

So we praise God for the glorious grace He has poured out on us who belong to His dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son and forgave our sins. He showered His kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. God has now revealed to us His mysterious will regarding Christ - which is to fulfill His own good plan. And this is the plan: At the right time He will bring everything together under the authority of Christ - everything in heaven and on earth!" (Ephesians 1:3-10)

Our God is an awesome God! Worthy of praise and thanksgiving on the mountaintops and in the low valleys.




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP