Kingdom Vessels

>> Friday, August 9, 2019

Grandboy and Granddaddy:  building
2018


"Enlarge the place of your tent; stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not; lengthen your cords and strengthen your pegs. For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left and your descendants will possess nations and will resettle the desolate cities." (Isaiah 54:2-3)


During last January's 21 days of prayer, the Lord brought Isaiah 54:2-3 to my attention. 

According to the Moody Bible Commentary, this passage records God's promise of salvation to Israel. The phrases: Enlarge the place of your tent...lengthen your cords and strengthen your pegs, depict expansion and direct God's people to the Lord's promise that Israel will one day widen their borders and take control of the nations.

This passage is also applicable to the Kingdom of heaven, which God is enlarging, stretching out, lengthening, and strengthening as more and more people around the globe come to faith in Jesus Christ.

Oh, Lord, make me a kingdom vessel—a tool in Your mighty hands to enlarge, stretch out, lengthen, and strengthen Your kingdom. May I see every person I encounter and everything I do and every place I go as Your building opportunity. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen and amen.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP