On the WIngs of Prayer

>> Monday, January 21, 2013


When our daughter was a toddler, a wise, godly woman advised me to begin praying that God would not allow her to marry anyone but the man of His choosing.
In the twinkle of an eye, the sands of time passed through the hourglass and our little “duckling” flew off to college and became engaged. Although that young fellow was a kind and gentle follower of Christ, my heart lacked peace.
That summer, Rebecca’s best friend since middle school, Stephen, came to my husband and asked, “I believe Rebecca is making a mistake. May I have your permission to speak to her?”


         The following spring, Rebecca married the man of God’s choice: Stephen. J

“…Before the presence of the Lord;
lift up your hands to Him for
the life of your little ones.”

Lamentations 2:19b


2 comments:

Rebecca January 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM  

That's me! How old am I in that duck outfit? I can't remember.

Miss Jill January 24, 2013 at 5:48 AM  

You must have been 3 - Fisher's age. You were the cutest little duckie in the whole-wide-world! I love you!

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP