About Face! Changing Directions

>> Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My son, 2009


For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy…hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of our deeds…but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior…” (Titus 3:3-6)

This morning, a sweet lady at the Dream Center Bible study, told us her story: “I met Jesus 18 years ago as an inmate in Alabama’s Julia Tutwiler Women’s Prison.”
Our jaws dropped in disbelief. None of us would have ever guessed that this precious, on-fire-for-Jesus friend once lived incarcerated behind bars. Today, she’s a vibrant, walking testimony of the life-changing power of Almighty God.
The Apostle Paul testified in 1 Tim. 1:12-16 (NLT): “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me that strength to do His work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve Him, even though I used to blaspheme the name of Christ. In my insolence, I persecuted His people…Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus. This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: ‘Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners’ – and I am the worst of them. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of His great patience with even the worst of sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in Him and receive eternal life.”
If your life is in a place of despair, destruction, or devastation, please know that there is a God in heaven who is able, willing, and eager to change your life – forever! Surrender your life to Him today.
“…let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (Rom. 12:2 NLT)." 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP