His Last Meal

>> Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Family meal at my grandmama's house, 1972



“And (Jesus) said to them, ‘I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I say to you, I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.’” (Luke 22:15-16)

            Jesus, knowing that…He had come forth from God and was going back to God, got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself. Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet…
            So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “ Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did for you (John 13:3-15).

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

…through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”  (Gal. 5:13-14)

           Have you received God's love through Jesus? Do you show God's love to others?


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP